35mm SLR - NX - Features
Main features of CONTAX NX
- "TTL phase – difference detection method"
The CONTAX NX is improving "TTL phase – difference detection method" the focusing system can be switched easily between AF and MF mode with "Dual Focus Mechanism" lenses. (Vario-Sonnar 28-80mm & Vario-Sonnar 70-200 mm don't have Dual Focus Mechanism).
- Focus frame select system "5-Point Wide Array Diagonal Focus System" 5-Point Wide Array Diagonal Focus System enables the user to select the best focusing point for the shot.
- Easy operation
Normally, the user can operate the CONTAX NX without taking his eye off the viewfinder.
- Built-in TTL Flash
The CONTAX NX is the first CONTAX SLR with built-in TTL Flash.
Three methods of light-metering help meet most exposure conditions: Evaluative Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering and Spot Metering
The external Auto-Set Flash Function
The external Auto-Set Flash Function ensures improved control when flash photography is required.
- 20 custom functions can be selected by a photographer according to his or her needs:
- Power hold interval. (The time to auto power off can be set to 4,8,12 or 16 seconds.)
- AE lock, activated by pressing the shutter button half way, can be turned on or off.
- The shutter time increment settings can be set by 1TV or 1/2TV
The exposure compensation increments can be set by 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV.
Information indications in viewfinder at evaluative metering can be adjusted to show
- Exposure compensation ii) Difference from Spot Metering iii) Difference from Center – Weighted Average metering.
- Order of ABC function (standard-over-under or over-standard-under)
AF target setting (focus frame select lever/ Light button + focus frame select lever)
- Supplementary AF lighting (on/off)
- AF audible focus signal (on/off)
- Superimposed image when the shutter button is pressed half way (the focus frame flashes red for a moment: on/off)
- Superimposed image when focus is on (on/off)
- Automatic rewind (on/off)
- End of film is left exposed when film is rewound (on/off)
- Aperture button function (aperture stopped down while button is pressed/aperture switches between stopped down and stopped each time the button is pressed.)
- Focus button function when focus switch dial is set at "MF" (SAF/CAF)
- Red eye reduction (on/off)
- Exposure compensation setting (AV, P mode) (F dial/F dial & R dial)
- Aperture value display with Zoom lenses (value of aperture ring/ actual value)
- Duration of exposure compensation ( to power off/ to Setting cancellation)
- Exposure compensation setting (F dial/ F dial and pressing light button)
CLE: Initialize of custom functions